This low sodium recipe for boneless, skinless chicken breast is perfect for meal on it’s own, or can be enjoyed added to salads. With a combination of flavors featuring lemon and oregano, it provides a bright and delicious flavor profile without the use of salt.Print
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded out to ½ inch thickness
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (salt-free)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Poke the chicken breasts all over with the tines of a fork. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, garlic clove, lemon pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fit a piece of parchment in a medium, rimmed sheet pan.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and place on prepared sheet pan. Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken registers 165 degrees.
- Serve on a plate with lemon slices, or over a bed of spinach with lemon wedges and a light vinaigrette.