Meat sauce for spaghetti that’s full of flavor and very low on sodium.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 28oz can of no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 14oz can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 6oz can of no-salt added tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (salt free)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add onion, garlic and ground beef to a pan over medium heat. Stir and brown meat for about 5 minutes.
- After ground beef is cooked and fat drained, add all remaining ingredients to pan and stir over low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta
Approximately 120mg Sodium per 1/2 cup serving
- Sodium: 120mg