This delicious meat sauce for spaghetti is loaded with the flavors you love and only a fraction of the sodium of traditional spaghetti sauces.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 28oz can of no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5oz can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 6oz can of no-salt added tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh oregano
- 1 tbs fresh basil
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning (salt free)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add ground beef to a medium pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir and brown the meat until it’s about half done, then add the onions and garlic and continue to stir until meat is browned. (using lean ground beef there will be very little fat to drain. You can leave it in or drain if you wish)
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and stir over medium heat until everything is well incorporated.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Want to go meatless? Simply leave out the meat and start by sautéing the onion over a low flame for about 5 minutes or until just becoming translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1 minute. Then continue at step 2.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American