Fresh, vibrant and loaded with flavor, these homemade dill pickles are big on taste and low in sodium. Perfect to enjoy with a sandwich or as a snack and not worry about high sodium content.
- 3–4 pickles or kirby cucumbers, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cold water
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons pickling spice (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, pickling spice, and granulated sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Tightly pack the pickle spears, dill, and garlic cloves into a clean 1 quart mason jar.
- Pour the brine over the pickles, and let come to room temperature.
- Cover tightly with a lid and refrigerate for at least 24 hours for the best flavor.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American