Enjoy this delicious low sodium barbecue sauce with your favorite meats and meals. With only a fraction of the sodium of commercial barbecue sauce, it’s perfect for cutting back the sodium in your diet.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (6 oz.) can no-salt added tomato paste
- ½ cup no-salt added ketchup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (salt free)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan, over medium-low heat.
- Stir well, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and let come to room temperature.
- Pour sauce into a container with a lid, and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
*This recipe and all the recipes on EasyLowSodiumRecipes.com are meant to offer alternatives for individuals seeking low sodium recipes. These recipes DO NOT follow any specific medical guidelines for individual diet needs or specific sodium restrictions. Be sure to check with a medical professional regarding your individual sodium and dietary needs.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American