Salmon packets with fresh lime and herb seasoning and fresh asparagus. This low sodium meal is perfect for a quick dinner any night of the week.
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon filets (fresh)
- ½ cup herbs removed from stalk and finely chopped. (For instance: Dill, thyme, flat-leaf parsley, curly parsley, and rosemary)
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (no salt)
- 2 limes, divided
- 16 asparagus stalks
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the herbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon pepper, and the zest and juice of one lime.
- Place each salmon filet, along with 4 pieces of asparagus, on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to completely cover them, with space to spare to create a pouch.
- Divide the herb mixture between the salmon filets. Using a brush or spatula, spread the herb mixture all over the filets.
- Slice the remaining lime and top each filet with lime slices.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over asparagus.
- Wrap the salmon in the foil so that the edges meet. Seal the edges, making a tight ½-inch fold, and fold up again.
- Place the packets on a preheated grill on medium heat and cook for 13-15 minutes. Or place the pouches on a baking sheet in a 400°(F) oven for 15-20 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork, or when it registers 145°(F) with an instant read thermometer.
- Garnish with any remaining herbs.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven or Grill
- Cuisine: American